Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2012 09:23:16 -0500
>  I don't doubt the predictions of no  glaciers by
> 2030, there's not much left now.  That wasn't the case in my  youth, nor in
> any recorded history.

Which is the problem. Recorded history in Montana and elsewhere in the US
does not go back very far, so all is anecdotal. Remember, it was much
warmer than now several times in European recorded history, which goes back
much further.

Plus, a quick google says glaciers grew over the past several winters in
the Rockies.

http://news.yahoo.com/old-snow-stays-rockies-adds-glaciers-size-232221522.html

This is consistent with the recent downturn in global temperature and with
a waning sun..We have had an energetic sun over the past several decades. A
key element in most warming predictions is that they omit the influence of
the sun. We really do not know much about the sun and its cycles.

Again, I want GW because the alternative is catastrophic.But lots of very
good science says otherwise.

Try the best science website on the planet as judged in the most recent
world wide blog awards for a balanced view on climate

http://wattsupwiththat.com/

BTW- at least I am consistent- check the archives for "maunder". We are
right on track for a Maunder Minimum based on solar cycles. Maybe even a
Dalton.

For the Moderators- I suggest you let all have one more go at this then end
the thread. We could be here forever, or at least the next ice age, arguing
our pontifical points "religiously". As for me- I am outtahere. Bees are
more fun to argue about than the weather. At least  we can do something
about them.

Bill Truesdell retiring back into his cave to hibernate and dream of spring
Bath, Maine