From:
Kent Stienburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 21:14:47 -0400
Hey all,

I wrote in about a month ago regarding some hot bees I received from Hawaii.
Well, they're still damn hot.  However, I've just finished extracting for
the year here in Eastern Ontario.  The hot hive produced 7 shallow supers
for a total of 232 lbs of honey.  Less cappings so the actual figure is
slightly lower.  The Russian hive produced 194 lbs from 6 boxes and my mutts
each produced on average138 lbs.  They are lower due to requeening.  The
weights were found by measuring before and after weights of the supers.  I
went out a few days ago to prepare to requeen them and after locating the
queen I noticed I was covered by a considerable amount of angry bees.  Great
hive for honey but just to dangerous to have around.  Put local Russian
queen in today.  Oh, and had quite a few of my kids friends and families
over to watch the extraction this time.  Normally I like to do it myself,
you know listen to music and consume a few wobbly pops :) but sold a lot of
honey with every one over so I think I will do it again.  Gave the kids all
a small container to have and they eat it all right then and there.  Wow,
what a sugar rush.  If they weren't hyper before they sure were when they
left :)  Hope everyone had a great year.

Kent