From:
James Plaisted <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:30:46 -0500
Bob wrote:

"> There is not a lot to research if the road leads to the new neonicotinods!> I agree with Hackenberg that most beekeepers which keep bees for a living> are not buying what certain researchers are selling BECAUSE their hypothesis> (like the Science article) simply does not fit with what we are observing."
If this is pesticide poisoning, and beekeepers are starting to observe the start of CCD, then why are we not finding lethal doses of neonicotinods within the hive?  One of the new symotoms being observed is the lack of feeding by the hives.  Why not pull samples from these hives at that point and get them tested?  I think it all comes back to how you are feeding your bees, or not feeding your bees.  These hives arn't healthy to begin with.

Jimhttp://www.northernqueens.com/