From:
bill fernihough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 22:07:00 PDT
Patrick M. O Hearn, Aztec, New Mexico. Patrick, I would have left the hive
for week then looked again.  Chances are you had a virgin queen or at least
one not too old, if you had supercedure cells.  Are you sure you had
supercedure cells and not swarm cells?  If a week later you still  had no
brood, then I would have introduced a new queen or at least some eggs and
let them make a new queen, or else go to another hive that has swarm cells,
cut out one very carefully, and just lay it on top of the bars where it
wouldn't be crushed, and then they will have a new queen very quickly.  You
could have done this at any rate, the worst that would have happened is
that the new queen cell would have been killed.

bill fernihough  HONEY i s sweeter then wine.