From:
Midnitebee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues (Was Bee Biology)
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 21:14:08 -0500
>        I am worrried tonight in Southern Maryland, USA.
>We expect a hard freeze tonight.  I know the bees
>brood.  I have seen this before where the Queen
>really gets going good in the Spring and then a
>cold snap comes and they cover what they can and
>the rest freeze.
>        I don't know what to do about it, so I guess I
>shouldn't worry too much.
>
>Keep warms girls and I'll check on you as soon as
Yes,they will keep warm..and there will be some lose..so goes the continuing
saga of the wonderful world of beekeeping...but "by-golly"..nature has it's
glorious way of recovering.
Maine has gone through quite a bit of  "topsy-turvy" changes in weather..now
we are in a very cold snap..temps in the low teens and the wind sheild must
be in the  minus numbers.
Bees were just enjoying themselves a few days ago..flying to their hearts
content.
I too have this "problem" about worrying  about the "ladies".
Hang in there Billy-B, may your bees (soon)fly with joy and your honey crop
overflow
Herb