From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2012 20:36:52 -0600
> I would suspect that the moisture is coming from condensation on the
> inside surface of the cover. I used to have 400 on 4-way pallets with
> clips in Clinton County, NY. Never had a moisture issue.

The simplest wrap I learned from David Vanderdusen (Canada ) years ago. He
wrapped around and across the top with tar paper but used straw over the top
of the hives on the pallet. The straw absorbs the moisture as the moisture
rises. through the hole in the inner cover. He did not use lids and only
inner cover if I remember correctly. . About six
inches of straw under a tied cover of tar paper.

David sold a VHS tape showing his comb honey production methods and his
wintering with tar paper and straw. I looked and found the box the tape came
in but the tape must be in a box in the shed so will have to go from memory.

bob