From:
Tim Hiatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2017 11:45:08 -0800
Thanks all for the helpful comments. I do intend to repeat this next fall
in the same yard with Medhat's recommendations on swapping out sticky
boards. I'll see if treatment drops lower than pre-treatment drops happens
again in that yard.

Brion, to alleviate the daily variability, I divided the gross mite drop by
the number of days. I will better address trends over days by swapping out
boards more often. I may do this in conjunction with alcohol washes in the
future. I just like the quick in-n-out time and that a stack of stickies
can be counted at home with my feet up. It's probably more time to count a
sticky board than perform the alcohol wash, but it's less to swap a sticky
board. Daylight time is pretty valuable.