Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:00:16 -0400
On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Hello Allen & All,
> Allen and I have been friends for years and I am sure Allen's comments were
> not to offend but to give his opinion. My opinion is similar and I wish not
> to offend.

Bob,

My comments were all about scale. I agree with you on many of your points
but cannot discard all the very competent hobby and small scale beekeepers
who manage bees very well. Just as I know you know commercial beekeepers
who did not do very well with their operations and no longer are in the
business.

Just because a large scale beekeeper has a lot of bees does not impart more
knowledge as I saw in the blueberry barrens.

One size does not fit all when it comes to beekeepers or any
profession/hobby. The small guy can bring as much to the table as the big
guy and it is to neither's benefit to disparage the other. There are good
and bad beekeepers on both sides. There may be more bad hobby beekeepers,
but that is only because there are more of us and failure is
inconsequential.

I totally agree with your comments on Master Beekeepers. I wouldn't hire
them either.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine