From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2014 19:22:06 -0400
> technically the muscles produce the heat but said muscles are the wing flight muscles.

They are when they are being used for flight. You don't call the muscles in your legs home run muscles; they can also be used for playing kick the can.

The thoracic muscles have other uses, such as producing heat. Whether they are producing heat or not cannot be seen be looking at the wings. That's all I was trying to point out.

If the colony dies over winter because it didn't produce enough heat, the fault isn't the muscles, though. Something else went wrong.

PLB