From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 02:14:28 -0400
>  In this specific case, the "proof" offered must be taken on faith, and proof by its nature tends to be the antithesis of faith.

I get the point, but in the case of  microflora the situation is this: the discovery of complex microflora in a variety of organisms including humans and insect is extremely interesting. But the extent to which people have assigned it a role in disease ranging from obesity to autism is ridiculous. Dean and others began with the assumption that chemicals like formic acid or tetracycline must negatively impact the microflora and thereby cause all sorts of other disorders. While they could do this, to make a case based solely on plausibility amounts to mythology. One need not offer scientific proof to the contrary to refute flawed reasoning.

PLB