From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:21:58 +0100
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/news/local/story.html?id=da914897-da5e-4908-91a7-709ff9367c7f&k=73339

A spoonful of honey brings metabolic stressors down and with it the chances
of developing diseases such as diabetes, Alzheimer's and osteoporosis, says
a leading honey researcher.

Ron Fessenden, a retired physician and author from Denver, Colo., says the
health benefits of honey are real and can be used to improve the health of
the general public. Speaking on Tuesday at the Saskatchewan Beekeepers'
Association convention in Saskatoon, Fessenden said honey lowers blood sugar
levels, which reduces metabolic stress.

"Honey actually has a very significant stabilizing affect on blood sugar,
that's counter-intuitive to most individuals who think it's sort of like
saying, 'Well, I'm going to eat some bacon to help control my cholesterol,'
and that's not true about honey," he said.

continue ...

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.