From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2016 10:55:27 -0800
>more regulations and laws are not the answer

I wasn't suggesting additional regulations or laws.  Anderson's case is
only to point out a flaw in current regulations and law.  Growers in any
state of the union need to follow the label when they apply any pesticide.

The exemption for application of neonics when they are applied as "seed
treatments" is clearly in error, as the "treatment" is not to protect the
seed, as would be a fungicide treatment.  It is an insecticide application,
as would be any foliar spray.  So to exempt the one who applies that
insecticide into the environment from regulation seems to me a difficult
argument to support.

BTW, I agree that many of Calif's laws are just plain silly.  But that's
what the voters voted in, and they can just as well vote it out.  As you
say, seeing a Prop 65 warning put onto every store door pretty much negates
the effect of such warnings.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA