From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:27:00 -0500
I can't help but repeat my by now well known stance; where is ABF on the continued registration of Checkmite and Apistan?

In my view they are hypocrites for not calling this issue out but routinely pointing externally from the industry to pin the tail on some other donkey for continued bee losses.

At least they could have an official stance on the use of these chems if they cannot muster the courage to ask for delisting.

Increasingly the smaller operations have little politically in common with the Industrial Beekeeper sector which ABF is the face of. My cynical read on this registration idea is they are trying to court the very people who are trying to distance themselves from the Industrial Feedlot Beekeeper label.

Is the time ripe for a new more in touch national honeybee organization that the large number of smaller beekeepers might be willing to support?