From:
JamesCBach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JamesCBach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 19:41:44 -0700
Here in Washington I use the label recommended dosage of one strip per five
combs of bees.  That requires four strips per two story deep colony in mid
August.  Cost of strips is $1.45 x 4 = $5.80, plus labor at 15 minutes per
colony for strip placement and retrieval at a cost of $25.00 per hour or
$6.25, for a total of $12.05 per colony per year.  If you can pay yourself
less you can cut the cost.  If you hire employees at a lower rate you can
cut costs.

Loyd Spear must be treating twice per year.  I wonder if he has included
labor costs in his estimate.

James C. Bach