From:
mark berninghausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 06:35:27 -0800
What aren the advantages and disadvantages of the Top Bar Hive,TBH? Are there any advantages over the Langstroth design when it comes to commercial beekeeping? And why the TBH and not the Eastern European method of horizontal beekeeping, that uses basically the same sort of equipment that most U.S.A. commercial beekeepers use, except that it is collateral instead of vertical?

  The growing popularity of TBHes in "Modern North America" is interesting to me. What's up with that? Is it just to have something different? Is it more convenient for some people? I'd like to know.

  Mark Berninghausen

Yahoo! Photos