Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:21:36 -0500
Stan's recent post remined me that from time to time, we hear about beekeepers volunteering for advisory jobs in various developing countries. This has long history, and over the years, many well-known beekeepers and apiculturalists have made a trek to various countries around the globe to share their knowledge about bees and modern beekeeping techniques, equipment, etc.

I've wondered how one gets involved in such projects and what the qualifications, costs, duration and other aspects of such projects might be.

I expect that we have more than a few BEE-L members with experience in recruiting and being recruited.  I also imagine we have some pretty good talent here wondering if there might be something interesting and constructive that they might be able to consider.

Here's hoping we can get some good stories and some good data on what is going on worldwide  -- and how those interested can find out more.