From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 11:18:51 -0700

> >GW is not one of those abrupt things, like weather.
> but is gradual over time, so bees can accommodate change.

Or not--pollinator species are clearly going extinct at an apparently
accelerated rate.  And the honey bees in Maine were artificially introduced
by humans.  The native bees there may not have needed to make much change
other than to shift their ranges northward as the ice melted.

I've been corresponding this morning with the West Coast's butterfly expert
on trying to figure out the reasons that so many of our butterfly species
have been disappearing over the past two decades, even in areas far from
agriculture or pesticide exposure.  One would thing that if it were climate
change, that the host plants and butterflies would shift northward and
uphill, but they appear to be failing to adapt by that means.

We're still in correspondence, so no compelling answers yet...

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA