From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 08:54:10 -0700
>My take on the Coloss study was: yes, the bees from the various regions
seemed to be better adapted to those regions. But what is the connection to
parasite susceptibility?

Did you read all the studies?  Some related to pathogen levels.

> >However, these bees were compared to imported stock, which is make have
> been weaker for reasons not related to region, such as the methods of queen
> rearing

I don't have time at the moment, but weren't all the colonies in the trials
started with reared queens?  If so, are you suggesting that the local queen
breeders were invariably better than those having bred the imported queens?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA