From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:38:30 -0500
I recently asked Ernesto if he was familiar with the bees kept by the
Lusbys in Arisona and the claims made that they can work the bees
virtually naked(I meant with minimum protection).

Well, the proof is in their own videos. We have seen video footage of Lusby hiving swarms with full gear. In the footage filmed by Deano you can SEE and HEAR clouds of angry bees thick around the veils of the bystanders.

I know that sound, because I used to get my own bees pretty ticked off when I lived in San Diego. I had yards of 50 to 80 hives, and when you pulled honey after the flow they would get to robbing and stinging like African bees. I have been there, done that.

But I got out of commercial beekeeping and I don't ever let it get that bad any more. To have bees that you were always on guard against, felt you always had to suit up for, no thanks.

Now I know some people put on full length gloves when they go to install a couple of packages. I am not going to say they are lame, am I? watch this video, if you want to see how it's done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7F5u7Uqt1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YujIjFKMu2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuFE0wUgLF

Pete