From:
Walter Zimmermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:45:06 EDT
Mike in LA:
Thanks for the points you make
The attendants get removed. For some reason release using the wax cover is
quicker.
I give it 24 hours and check for release. They may take a little bit  longer
but they will seal her up in that time also.
Every hive is different. I know beekeepers don't go in for a certain time
but last summer it was so hot that I went in and release them myself and they
all took.  That's my experience with this method and it's one of many I'm  sure
we all tried. I've never used the larger cages one pushes into the  comb.
Walter