From:
Myron Van de Ven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 07:38:29 -0500
I am a second year hobbyist with two hives.  Early this summer the queen in
one hive got above the queen excluder by mistake and laid some brrod in the
upper chamber.  I got her back down.  Last time I opened the hive I noticed
that new brrod was being laid both above and below the hive.  Since it has
been several months since the queen was moved below, is it possible that I
have two queens in my hive.  I have left the upper fly hole open this
summer because the hive was very active.

What should I do if there are two queens in the hive.  Should I remove the
excluder and let them fight it out?  The older queen is in the brood
chamber and is now beginning its second fall.  Should she be replaced?
Since fall is now approaching is there still time for requeening.  The
goldenrod flow is still to start here in Wisconsin.  Any suggestions would
be helpful.  Thanks

Myron Van de Ven
Luxemburg, Wisconsin