From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2007 01:52:37 EST
Please bear with me again -- in my post of this morning, I put the contact
information for the two research Foundations in a double column format -- which
 I see worked on one my mail systems, but got scrambled on the other.  So,
it may be unreadable to many of you on Bee-L, my apologies.

This afternoon, Troy Fore provided the correct contact and tax  information
about the Foundation for the Preservation of the Honey Bee.

I'm not sure that Christi Heintz, staff member for PAm follows Bee-L,  so I'm
sharing the brochure that she distributed at the National Meeting in
January, and her communications regarding contributions to CCD via PAm.

Many of you may not be aware of PAm.

Project Apis m. (PAm)  is a Honey Bee Research Foundation,  whose mission is
to fund and direct research to improve the health and vitality  of honey bee
colonies.  PAm is asking for a buck a hive from beekeepers and  growers (in
particular, beekeepers and growers involved with almonds).

For more information, you can contact PAm.Board members:

Dan Cummings ([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) ),  Lyle
Johnston ([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) ), Steve Park
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) ), Joe  Traynor
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) ), Joe  MacIIvaine
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) ).   Chris Heintz
([log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) )

With respect to serving to accept donations, Chris sent this e-mail to  me in
January:

Jerry

Per our discussion about the upcoming  March ABJ article  and PAm serving as
the pass-through foundation to  receive CCD funding, PAm passed the motion to
allow  this to occur.  No  fee.
They recognize the  timeliness of the situation and thank you for the
opportunity to build  recognition for PAm and be of service to something  this
important.
Please send  contributions to:
Project  Apis m.
1750  Dayton Rd.
Chico, CA  95928
Have  the contributor put “CCD” in the memo line.
Let me know what  happens next week,
Chris

****
Christi  M.  Heintz -
520.834.2832 cell
520.829.6754  home
***************************************
PAm was established by beekeepers  and orchardists in Dec. 2006.  PAm brings
together representatives of the  American Honey Producers (AHPA), American
Beekeeping Federation (ABF), the  National Honey Board (NHB), California State
Beekeepers (CSBA), and California  Almond farmers.
Additionally, PAm's vision is  to:
1.  Be a non-profit  organization representing beekeepers nationally;
2.  Be a pro-active,  project-driven entity pursuing objective, timely, and
realistic solutions to  beekeeping challenges including maintaining and
improving honey bee health and  pollination strategies;
3.  Maintain foremost in mind,  the economic viability of beekeeping
businesses'
4.  Maintain a well-coordinated  research program, seeking maxmum value for
the research dollar, while also  recognizing the need for California-based
research and the importance of  California pollinated crops;
5.  Support education efforts  that effectively transfer research results to
field  practice;
6.  Work collaboratively with  other allied organizations toward common
goals.
So, people have a choice of two  Foundations who have stepped up to the plate
and have offered to provide a  mechanism for beekeepers, growers, and the
general public to contribute to work  leading, hopefully, to a solution for the
beekeeping industry and the growers  who depend on bees for pollination.
Jerry
 (mailto:[log in to unmask])

http://www.aol.com.

Guidelines for BEE-L Submissions
1.  Do not include excessive quotes of previous submissions.   If you must quote previous postings, include only what is necessary to make your point.   Submissions that include the entirety of previous posts may be rejected without comment or notice.

Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm