Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:30:58 GMT
>>...any reason why you would need to restrict swarming.

You are right.  Losing bees in swarming in apitherapy is no issue.
What I did not mention is that the couple lives in one of the 5
boroughs of NYC where beekeeping is discouraged and neighbors can get
upset over swarming bees or just seeing bees period.

The same issue occurs with observation hives where you have to rotate
frames to keep the bees from getting too strong during the build-up.

I am interested in queen laying restriction methods to maintain small
populations in confined spaces such as nucs or ob hives without
frequent intervention.

Thanks!

Waldemar