From:
Doug Ladd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:23:05 -0400
There is also a few groups of people I run into through the years that had
bees growing up and simply buy bees to start now and assume they can keep
them like dad did... They learn the hard way varroa changed things. This
may make them mis-informed beekeepers but not bad beekeepers, once they
learn they tend to put in the time and do just fine...

I also run into people who have large gardens or small local commercial
produce or berries and simply enjoy bees but don't want to be bothered with
a lot of details outside the main farm etc, they intend to toss a package
or Nuc in each spring per hive and replace every year and if by chance they
get honey even better. They value their time differently just like
sometimes I pay to have my oil changed while other times I build my own 383
stroker engine... These are not bad beekeepers they simply have different
plans.

Then there are good beekeepers that simply think it easier to buy bees to
replace losses than spend te time to make splits etc, I have friends that
have bad eye sight so when I can't help them they just buy a few packages.
Excellent beekeepers just different choices.

And yes there are simply bad beekeepers and people who get fooled by every
snake oil seller that builds a website... Regardless of the "flow" of
honey, always have been always will...

As the foodlion lion says "that's just my two cents" ...

--
"Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old
paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for