From:
Steve Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 11:50:30 -0400
"What are the recommended treatments for tracheal mites?"

 I used menthol crystals before formic acid.  The Menthol crystal packets
are not cheap.  Formic seems to work well though.  In fact last spring I
had a hive that was clearly suffering from TM. I put on a MiteGone pad and
it cleared right up.  More recently I've been using Mite Away II prefilled
pads for Varroa control.  The prefilled pads are more expensive but also
way more convenient and the MiteGone pads are now only available in my area
by mail order from MiteGone.  Last I heard Bill Ruzicka was looking for
someone to take over MiteGone and get maybe get it registered for use in
the U.S.

Steve Noble