Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 03:24:41 +0200
Allen

> > > The best suited method for their rural area seemed
> > >  to be the heat treatment.

> > Yes, many beekeepers in the former USSR are apparently returning to this
> > heat treatment method after years of treating for Varroa chemically.

> I wonder why?  ...And I wonder about the miracle bees imported from Russia
> to the USA if the people in the country of origin are having to treat.

Do you like to wonder? More reason for more wondering:

Why in volumes 1998, 1997 and 1996 of Pchelovodstvo (russian
beekeeping magazine) you can't find anything about heat treatment
nor miracle bees? Shouldn't russians be best in promoting the
miracle bees? One may wonder why they are not promoting the
'beekeeping salvation'.

It seems that russians (when reading Pchelovodstvo) are not aware
of any miracles or treatments.

One may wonder what can happen with the genetic diversity when
crossing miracle bees (announced as A. melifera - without saying
what kind - ligustica?, carnica?, caucasica?) with domestic bees.

One may wonder what kind of bees you get when crossing different
races (carnica x ligustica = mean).

One may even wonder if the resistance ability (resistance is a very
complex matter -  not controlled by singel dominant gene) will be
'diluted' (and gone) instead of transfered to other bees.

\vov