From:
Dave Jurgens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 21:55:04 -0500
JeanLouis Adant wrote:

> Subject: Jean-Marie's "NOUGAT" recipe
>
> Hi Bee-Liners! Bonjour Jean-Marie!
>
> What a nice surprise! Although I live in Quebec, I was born in
> Belgium (Anderlues). Here we speak french for 84% of the 7 millions
> of us and many of us dont feel very canadian... but it is another
> story.
>
> I love NOUGAT (my teeth dont) and I am pretty sure there would be
> a big market for it here. It could sell in all North America...
> Maybe instead of trying to start beekeeping, I should start a
> NOUGAT business. I can buy all the honey I want from my neigbour
> beekeeper at 80 canadian cents a pound.
>
> What is the wholesale price of honey in Belgium? NOUGAT is made
> mostly in Montelimar, France. Where did you get the recipe from?
> They also have it in Xixona, Spain, it is called Turron, but it is
> a little different. Would you also have the turron recipe?
>
> What may be difficult to find are the "ostie" sheets. The french
> word ostie is used for what you receive in your mouth at the
> communion in the church (white bread that looks like paper). It
> prevent the nougat to stick to your fingers. Anybody knows what it
> is in english? Is it "unleavened bread" as in another recipe?
>
> Do you have bees? Where do you live? Too bad Internet cannot
> handles the french or spanish accents correctly.
>
> I made many friends thru Internet and I met some of them when they
> visit Montreal. We are not very far from our listserver in Albany.
>
> Jean-Louis near Montreal (Qc)Hi there.

My name is Dave Jurgens and i live at Brandon Manitba Canada.
We have approx. 450 colonies in yards south of this small city.
Our white honey sold this year for $1.15 lb Canadian.It was a
good year for us, we managed to bring in 128 45 gallon drums.
Our ripe honey is sold raw and natural.
see you latter.

BUZZING Dave