From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2008 10:41:27 -0400
Hi Dee:
How does spraying syrup make it better for bees, you ask. I suppose it makes it better for bees
that are affected with the newer nosema disease in that it appears to be the only way to get them
to consume medicated syrup.  That is what Eric Mussen pointed out in his newsletter article that
was also posted by 'Catch the Buzz'.

Yes, I know (and respect) your philosophy of not medicating bees at all. So in that regard spraying
syrup on bees as opposed to providing it to them in hive top feeders will be a non-issue for you.
Others are willing to medicate their bees. And yes, I'm also of the opinion that many beekeepers
do overmedicate their bees. I guess it's a matter of how much is too much. For you, it seems any
amount of artificial treatment is too much. Others are not quite that adamant.

Regards,
Dick Allen