From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2017 14:27:47 +0000
Gislain's post is apropos.  Many studies have shown head-scratching results indicating that beehives are contaminated by pesticides and fungicides that they aren't considered "susceptible" to, because they aren't attracted to the treated crops.

At Cornell, work is underway to figure out how that can happen.  I'm very very glad that Dyce is now staffed by capable, energetic young scientists!!!!  GO BIG RED!  (the alumna perspective 😉)

Bottom line:  Beehives are being contaminated by toxins and may have compromised immune systems, and greater susceptibility to viruses, as a result.  What can we do about it?

Christina