Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2012 00:38:33 GMT
Hi Randy, thanks for the complete reply...I must admit that I was a little surprised that you were actually paying for the Remebee that you are using in a trial.  Assuming this is the same Remebee that is active against IAPV that we have read about, I have to assume that you think IAPV is a serious problem in your apiary, no?  Why else would you spend the money and take the risk (there is always a risk).

If IAPV isn't a significant problem (I don't think it is for most), then are you in the position of paying for Monsanto's research?  That seems a bit weird to me.

The other thing I took from your reply (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is that despite your freedom to talk about your experiences in the trials, you have signed a NDA, and some things that might come up in relation to Remebee and Monsanto might be covered under that NDA...you would be contractually prohibited from saying some things to the beekeeping public, even if you thought it was in their best interests to know.

I'm not trying to attack or criticize your position, I just think it ought to be clear what that position is if we are going to discuss this.

deknow