From:
WILLIAM G LORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 15:06:07 -0400
Since I posted a piece on problems with mixing liquid oil and sugar I
thought I would add a bit more from more recent experience.  I ordered
wintergreen oil to mix in patties and to mix the wintergreen oil with the
shortening (solidified vegetable oil) I heated the shortening to the
liquid phase.  I had purchased a plaster or sheetrock mud mixing paddle
and attached it to a half inch drill.  The plaster mixing paddle mixed
the liquid shortening/oil/sugar mixture extremely well.  I highly
recommend this method of mixing, as it is efficient, can be performed
outside in a 5 gallon bucket, and it is quick.

Bill Lord

--
WILLIAM G LORD
E-Mail  : wglord@franklin