From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:55:23 -0600
Hello Dee & All,
I am sure a strong hive would not be taken over by swarms. Only queenless
and weak hives.

I would certainly  would  like to learn more about what they say they are
seeing. They have shown pictures at meetings of the take overs each year.

You also said on BEE-L AHB do not sting while swarming. In Florida they say
they do. Maybe only AHB of Florida.

 In short AHB genetics are doing things we do not see in European
stock.

I do find it curious that you have never said one negative thing about your
stock or AHB. I do research on many lines.
Currently:
Four lines of Russian bees.
Both lines of Purvis brothers bees
a Buckfast line
a Italian varroa tolerant line two lines of Australian stock
two lines of California Italian bees
NWC stock
crosses of the above
In the past Marla Spivak queens
SMR
Glenn Apiaires Russian/Russian

Each of the above lines is different and has good traits and undesirable
traits.
I would be interested in you describing your bees and their good & hopefully
describe any undesirable traits.

Thanks in advance!

respectfully,
Bob Harrison