From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2015 11:38:09 -0500
Charles   We are working on the Masters level, building in some of our own priorities and the wish list from the two completed Journeyman classes.

Unfortunately, since we are in MT, we can't film the videos until spring.  Earliest we might launch would be mid-summer, but once we've all levels completed, we will start a rotation of classes at different times of year.

We've had international students, where the seasons are upside down; and we've students like K-12 instructors, who do have time in summer, not so much in winter.  We also need to get enough folks through the Journeyman level course to make opening a Masters level course worthwhile.  We've run several sessions of the Apprentice, two sections of the Journeyman, and we will run another section of each this Feb and March; so by time we launch the Masters, we should have enough students qualified to take the Masters level.

We are not a land grant college, we don't get any extension money, can't find any way to access any USDA support for this class development, so it's all on the nickel of the UM Dean.

Personally, I'd be delighted if USDA would send us sufficient funds for us to go to the Bahamas with our student videographers and animators to film the Masters videos this winter.