From:
Paul Hosticka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2013 18:17:57 -0400
Good info Allen, thanks I may go back to Dri-loc for a test. I pulled pads today, Day 9, and with new MAQS had no improvement so I guess I can't blame out of date pads. Results were Pretreat 19 on removal 16, Pretreat 6 on removal 4. I know that with the loss of brood to enter the phoretic count will go up but to me the real question is are these mites fertile? If they are fertile I'm in trouble for winter and will have to use another method. I can see no evidence of significant kill in capped brood, How would one know? I'm testing about 10% so if half are above threshold, big trouble.

Paul Hosticka
Dayton WA