From:
Excessive Quotes Removed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:59:25 -0400
From: "John and Angie Partin" <a&[log in to unmask]>
To: "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology" <BEE-
Subject: Re:      Re: Screen Bottom Boards
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 08:29:45 -0400

As a commercial beekeeper, all of my hives are on pallets and are moved by a
Bobcat at least 4 times per year. Bobcat forks as well as the small hive
beetle would be the biggest downfalls to screen bottoms. However, if the
screen was an inch or so above the plywood floor of the pallet, it just
might be very beneficial with no drawbacks. The only concern I have is the
mites crawling back through the screen if some kind of sticky paper isn't
used in conjunction which sounds like a lot of work until compared to
rebuilding numbers and lost profit to those darn fleas! It would be far too
much work to modify all of my pallets, but I intend to try it on the next
ones I build. I'll report back when they have been tested.