From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 18:34:47 -0600
> I felt I needed at least 6 megapixels SLR (single lens reflex) With SLR,
> the same lens is used for viewing and taking pictures, and is essential
> for close up photography for correctly centering the object in the picture
> field.

Right.  I know what you mean. FWIW, I used to have several SLRs and a
developing lab.  Now I have a tiny camera, and I get better pictures -- and
more of them -- in less time, no hassle, and almost no expense..

I used to think I needed a view finder, and I did, until the new cameras
came out with bright LCD panels and batteries strong enough to drive them
until the cows come home. Used to be the LCDs ate batteries in just a few
shots, but no more.  I now get hundreds of high quality shots to one charge.

I actually have a view finder on this camera -- I insisted I needed it --
but find I never use it anymore.  I can see exactly what I am shooting in
the LCD, since it is looking thru the lens and showing details, centering
and focus -- just like an SLR.