From:
Steve Petrilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 2015 12:39:26 -0400
For bottled honey

Most plastic bottles (at least the ones I purchase which are made in the USA) have a hot fill limit temp of 140 degrees F.   We use a crockpot.    Put your bottles of granulated honey in it (glass and or plastic) and fill with water so it goes mid way or almost to the neck of the bottles.   Set the crock pot at the lowest setting (low, warm, etc) and plug it in.

When the water temp reaches 110, (you will need a digital or analog cooking thermometer) turn off or unplug the crock pot.   The crock holds the heat and slowly cools.  If the honey is not re-liquified on the first heating and cooling cycle, then repeat the process until it is.

It is a slow, no muss way of getting the honey back to liquid form without overheating it.   If you had already put labels on the bottles, then enclose the bottles in ziploc type  bags and try to get as much air out of the bags before immersing them in the water.

While we bottle honey ahead of when it will get sold, we do not affix the labels until we the honey is sold or taken to an event or function where it is likely to get sold.

Hope this helps.

Steve Petrilli
Central Illinois