From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:58:25 +0900
Joel F. Magsaysay wrote:

>Could someone help me get good queens from Australia. I've heard of a queen
>improvement program going on there. I tried to hook up to their sawebring
>but couln't get in.

Joel, the sawebring is not a beekeeping link up but a local ring for sites
of interest in South Australia.  Our web page was invited onto this ring not
for reference by beekeepers but because Kangaroo Island is a major tourist
destination in South Australia and the Ligurian bee sanctuary was judged to
be of interest for members of the public.  Your difficulty in connecting may
be because some of the members are a bit lax in up-dating the code for links.

I note you have emailed me direct re Ligurian queens to which I have responded.

There are many fine queen breeders in Australia and I suggest you refer to
http://www.honeybee.com.au.  I am sure the Australian queen bee breeders who
are members of Bee-L will also be in direct contact.

Betty McAdam

HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
J.H. & E. McAdam<[log in to unmask]
http://kigateway.kin.on.net/hogbay/hogbay1.htm

Why not visit the South Australian Superb Websites Ring?
http://kw.mtx.net/sawebring/sawebring.html