From:
DAVID ADAMS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:47:00 -0400
I can say for certain , Randy , Hackenburg was just getting a free lunch, I had to listen to him to many times going off on Neonic's as bad or worse then Bob.
  I'm sorry, but I just don't buy into the Neonic thing as being the end of the bee world. It's a big part of the picture but theres other things being missed by putting all the focus on this,I feel there's a bigger link with the imported queens and bees then  thought,and no i'm not against them, I have around a thousand put in in the last few years,since there the easiest to get on short notice.
  A couple things which bug me and no one seems to look at is for years Queen breeders have said they are selecting for low swarming ,but my simple mind seems to think that bees  survived in the wild for ever before us by swarming and having that vigor. So wouldn't it stand to reason if you selectively remove that over the years ,don't you think that would start to remove some of the vigor?
 The other thing that drives me crazy is the old school ,out dated test for hygenic behavior of cutting out a chunk of brood and freezing it,then putting it back in the hive.
Come on guys, we send space shuttles off everyother month,take hearts out and lay them on the table for hours and put them back in,and do all kind of advanced things,can't some of the deep thinkers and smart people of beekeeping come up with a little more advanced way of a precise test for this??

 I'm to busy trying to make up for those non swarming hives that are dying everyday ,to get into the long endless pages of journals ,so I have to be a common sense thinker and doer.
 I'm sure Bob will boil me in oil and correct my ignorce ,but this thrread has started producing nothing that is helping anyone keep a single bee hive alive or fix any problems.