From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:18:39 -0400
>So I would not bother to get up early to treat with OAV since it appears to
have less coverage of bees and surfaces than when it is warm.

I'm assuming you were getting up early to ensure most of the bees in the colony were exposed to the vapors. That's something I do regularly and since I block the entrance, I don't see a problem with getting vapors to fill the whole colony. So my question is if I treat later in the day with the field force missing, how does that affect the efficacy? The reason I'm thinking it could make a difference is that we don't really know how the treatment works and part of what kills mites may have to do with all members of the colony being exposed at the same time.  It would be nice if there was some science.

Bill Hesbach
Cheshire CT