From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Apr 2014 07:00:21 -0400
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L
list
at COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM. It
was edited to remove quotes of previously posted material.

Northern NY (north of Albany):

I have found a few SHB larvae, both live and dead, on my sticky boards
since the beginning of April.  This is on the order of from zero to four
individuals, over three rounds of checking three hives. Most times there
are one, but all hives have had at least one incidence. A few dead SHB on
the (screen) floor of two of the hives.  No evidence of infestation on
combs, but I've not had enough warm, windless days to look at all frames
all the  way down., yet.  My bees are bursting at the seams with not a lot
of  unattended comb-space at the moment.  My hives were also
extraordinarily well-insulated during the winter, buffering the long and
cold (minimum temp was  minus 21 F) winter.  They were moved to their
present location in early  December2013. I began feeding with Global pollen
patties on March 20th; I fed home-made sugar bricks all winter.

Nancy