Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:55:54 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
"No awareness
of colony, threat, defense, or self risk in required."

Yet just this week experiments were reported that showed honey bees understand the concept of zero.  Of course chickens can count to seven accurately also.  I was taught in high school that no animal can think or reason.  All they had was instinct.  Whatever in hell instinct is.  I thought when I was in high school that anyone so stupid they thought an animal can not think sure spent no time around animals and was just spouting total ignorance based on medieval mythology that had been manufactured, manipulated and tortured into another artificial religion which forced the concept that man had to be special so the leaders could keep the masses under control.

I do not know how much a honey bee can think.  I suspect a lot more than they are given credit for by many simply based on what we have learned about animals over the last 70 odd years.  If you want to tell me my dog can not think I will consider you a fool.

Dick

HL Mencken said: "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and hence clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. "

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2