From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 20:15:11 -0700
Charlie,
    What can you tell me about the green line of Russians?  Got five of them.  Know that three have been accepted.  Had to reintroduce a fourth when the bees started balling her when I opened the hive.  The fifth I may have lost.  Can't find her or sign that she's in there a week after introduction.  I know that it may take a couple of weeks for them to start laying, but I had them in four frame nucs and it's kinda hard for a queen to hide in that small a group.  Hoping I still have the fifth, but don't think she will show.

Mike Stoops in Excel, Alabama

PS  Will be getting more queens from Baton Rouge at the end of this week to replace those that were superceded.  I used a screened cage last year to introduce them.  I was very inept at that too, by the way.  Was very lucky that almost all were accepted for the way I used the 4" X 6" cages I made and used.  Most of the queens were released within a day I think.  The cages didn't imbed properly in the comb and I think most of the queens were out in very short order.  I have used both the three hole wooden queen introduction cages and the plastic queen introduction cages.  Will be working with Bob Danka.