From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2007 13:04:36 -0600
>  ...a compelling argument that Australian imports have never had any
> Tracheal exposure... could create a new round of tracheal susceptibility
> in the USA if their drones mate with CA queens being shipped later aroudn
> the
> country.

Having had a variety of queens and packages from Ausrtalia, my experience
has been that they seem as good or better than the US stock we have had over
the years in regard to resistance to tracheal mites.  I found this
surprising, since I figured they might be more susceptible to diseases and
pests they have not been challenged by in their home environment.  I think
they may not be as good as Kona queens for AFB, but not nearly as bad as
some of the old US stocks.

All things considered, I would rate them up there with the best.