From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 21:21:46 -0500
All

I'm the 2014 President of WAS - which means, its going to be held in Montana this fall.  Consider this your invitation to note this on your calendars, come to Montana.

FYI, Eric Mussen will retire this coming summer, so this will be a time of change for WAS.

We Anticipate 6 Events:
1) Wednesday, Sept 17, 2nd International Workshop on Electronic Hive Monitoring;
2) Thursday and Friday, Sept 18-19, WAS Trade Show and Conference Speakers;
3) Friday Evening, Sept 19, WAS Banquet;
3) Saturday Morning, Sept 20, Concurrent Workshops and Short Courses for Beginning, Intermediate, and Commercial Beekeepers;
4) Saturday Late Morning and Afternoon, Sept 20, Honey Harvest Festival;
5) Saturday Optional Tour, Darby Overwintering Shed.

The Host Hotel is the Doubletree Inn, Edgewater at the Hilton, on the Clark Fork River.  A footbridge crosses the river onto the University of  Montana Campus.  The Trade Show and Main Conference Program is scheduled for the Theater and Ballroom of the University Center.

We will provide hives and colonies for the Monitoring Companies to demonstrate their equipment set up and capabilities.

Please note, Missoula is a resort town, nestled in the Rocky Mountains.  The river has trout, and a Tackle Shop sits across the street. Everything you need is within walking distance of the hotel, and there are other hotels nearby.  There are hiking, jogging, and bicycle trails along the river.  Our campus is voted one of the most scenic in the US.

Lots of opportunities for outdoor activities.  Lots of artists and shops.  About 2 hrs from Glacier National Park, 1 to the National Bison Range, bit over an hour  to Western Bee and Flathead Lake, 4 hrs to Yellowstone National Park.  We are the Liberal Arts University.

We expect a BIG turnout  for the Honey Harvest Festival.  It will be on the Oval in the Middle of the Campus, with booths and tables for vendors, and the community at large plus UM students will be invited.  If you want to come and sell honey, wax, candles, etc.; contact me.  Otherwise come for the fun.  We will stress family friendly and educational activities.

Hope to see you in Missoula - we're going to have a great slate of speakers and activities.