From:
Amy Dowd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 09:25:38 -0400
Hi All -

I'm just curious about some imported (Belgian) bumblebee hive boxes my dad
saw the other day in a cranberry bog.  Since he's been working honeybees
for years, he was interested in finding out more about raising these kind
of bumblebees.  Could someone answer a few questions for us?  Does anyone
know what kind of food do the suppliers ship bumblebees boxes with to hold
them until hive is established?  How would you winter bumblebees over?  How
are bumblebee queens reproduced for commercial purposes?/How are they
propagated?  Is there a list or website for bumblebee keepers?

Thanks -  Amy Dowd
Southeastern Massachusetts