From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:14:20 -0800
Hi to all on BEE-L

pb wrote:
Meliponi are not found in northern Mexico or the
United States.

Reply:
Exactly, so what are the petrogliffs on the rocks and early
pottery showing bees with pollen sacs dating back to
pre-columbian times?

What where the bees Ferdinando de Soto saw in his travels
in the Mobile area i.e. lets say Ga, Ala and Fla panhandle?

Why are the bees in the upper mountains surrounding Tucson
different. and remember that when looked at our bees with
DNA keyed out like the small black of San Diego to be
different then others in USA and said to be caucasian
similar type, but not called caucasian? But then small
black would be similar.

Again, just what are the bees of America? And again
africanized by USDA definition can mean 1 mating of the
queen as so-called AHB, but what of the other 90% and also
if work shows something is different, was that the
assumption for AHB without looking futher? Were is the
backup of independent comparison to European bees? Did our
country (USA) ever put samples side by side and compare
what is in the USA to Europe and Africa samples to see what
came from what? I myself IMPOV don't think this has ever
been done, but I could be wrong.

Why independent data bases established around USA and not
one big one, especially if we are all one industry and the
bees all came from one place? or did they?

Food for thought.

Dee