From:
Rick and Kathy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 14:33:15 -0400
Just got the following from a beekeeping friend in CT (one who's been involved @ the state level for several years):

"Info on Jennings: he was 54, had a stroke a few weeks ago, diabetes,
and supposedly some heart trouble, walked with cane(s). Our state bee
inspector had been helping him with his hives and told him to call for
the next time - Jennings did not call him this time. He was in beekeeping
about 5 yr. supposedly. That is about all we know so far."

My friend also indicated that the belief of those who know the players is that the bee inspector is not at fault, some of the quotes are
innacurate (gee - imagine that!), and some of those quoted know not of what they speak.

Still can shed no light on what happened to Mr. Jennings in the beeyard that day though... likely no one will be able to do more than
speculate...

Kathy