From:
Alf Bashore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 13:06:36 -0400
This is all great stuff, however, let's say you had a sick then dead
colony this past season with the old Nosema Apis. I would think that the
comb would be culled and maybe frames, too. Wouldn't a person want to
re-dip the other equipment to knock out remaining Nosema spores.

I think I read somewhere, perhaps the Australian pdf info, that when
dipping painted equipment, the paint sloughs right off.

I am small time, but really would like to have my equipment dipped. I'll
be asking my state assn. if they know of anyone in PA doing dipping.
However, anyone here know of a PA beekeeper dipping his wooden ware. I
currently am running 25 colonies (after big winter losses--mostly cold
starvation), and have equipment for 60. Great expectations on this end.
Spring the season for delightful optimism.

And those of you already using dipped equipment, how do you handle the
boxes from sliding off each other when recently dipped and put into service.

Thank you.
Alf Bashore