From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2010 07:19:06 -0400
At 12:00 AM 5/9/2010, Bob wrote:
>In my opinion the naming of CCD only confuses the issue. many researchers in
>Canada & Europe I have spoken with feel the same way. Every dead hive is now
>by many called CCD.

Not sure this is different from earlier problems. I once moderated an
open discussion of winter deaths with Indiana Beekeepers. They all
had decided on a cause (often tracheal mites, that year) but not a
single one had done any testing or sent bee samples into the USDA for
free forensics.

CCD has a carefully defined list of symptoms, and they're often
ignored. Just like the availability of free forensics is ignored. And
if you don't know for sure what contributed to killing them then how
do you intelligently plan on a strategy to improve things?

Rob Green
Indiana Beekeeping School